Crunchy oatmeal cranberry cookies perfectly compliment delectable, earl grey ice cream in this gluten-free, vegan treat that continues to be a fan favorite at Mii amo Café. Want to make your own at home? Follow Chef Alex ‘s recipe below to recreate this delicious dessert in your own kitchen.
Gluten-Free Vegan Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
1 C Glutino
½ tsp. Baking Soda
½ tsp. Baking Powder
¼ tsp. Salt
2/3 C Sugar
2/3 C Shortening
2 Tbsp. Molasses
½ tsp. Vanilla
1 Tbsp. Flax Meal, and 3 Tbsp. water
1 C GF Oats
1 C Dried Cranberries
1/3 C Coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream the sugar and shortening in a kitchen aid.
- Add the molasses, flax mixture, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Whisk the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet on slow speed until combined.
- Add the cranberries and coconut and mix until combined.
- Roll 1 in. balls and spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Earl Grey Tea Ice Cream
28 oz. Coconut Milk
2 Tbsp. Arrowroot
1 package Tofutti
¼ C Vodka
2 ¼ C Raw Sugar
8 Tbsp. Earl Grey Tea Leaves
- In a medium sauce pot, combine the sugar, coconut milk, vodka and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in the arrowroot until combined and mixture thickens.
- Add the tea leaves and steep for two minutes and strain through a chinois.
- Puree the Tofutti and banana in a food processor until smooth.
- Slowly add the hot mixture to the processor while pureeing until combined.
- Cool and spin in ice cream machine according to instructions.
Take one scoop of ice cream and place it onto the flat side of an oatmeal cranberry cookie, then top with second cookie, pressing to allow the ice cream to spread slightly. Serve immediately or wrap individually and freeze until ice cream is firm. Enjoy!