The renowned super-fruit, Acai Berry, is highlighted in this vibrant and refreshing breakfast bowl from Mii amo Café. Topped with a crunchy, Vegan and Gluten-Free Granola, this recipe is a delectably, wholesome way to start your day. Follow Chef Alex‘s recipe below to recreate this delightful breakfast bowl in your own kitchen.
Acai Berry Bowl with Vegan Gluten Free Granola
1 C Acai Puree
2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
¼ C Acai Berry Juice
- Puree all ingredients in a blender.
- Freeze until solid and allow to defrost for about 30 minutes before serving
Peanut Butter: For Peanut Butter remove banana from original puree recipe, and add 2 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter and Cacao: For Peanut Butter and Cacao add 2 Tbsp. Cacao Powder to the peanut butter recipe variation.
Vegan Gluten-Free Granola Ingredients
2 C Dates
2/3 C Water
1 C Maple Syrup
¼ C Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. C Orange Zest
1 Tbsp. Vanilla
1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
1 Tbsp. Salt
6 C Pecan Pieces (soaked 2 hours)
2 C Pumpkin Seed (soaked 2 hours)
1 C Sunflower Seeds (soaked 2 hours)
1 C Goji Berries (soaked 2 hours)
1 C Dried Cranberries (soaked 2 hours)
3/4 C Golden Raisins (soaked 2 hours)
- Puree dates, water, apples, maple syrup, lemon juice, orange zest, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a food processor.
- Toss remaining ingredients in the puree and spread thinly onto silpat (silicon baking sheets) lined sheet pans (5-7).
- Bake at 200 degrees for 4-5 hours or until crunchy.
Fill a bowl with the Acai Berry Puree, top with the Vegan Gluten-Free Granola and enjoy!